$课文23 新居

219. I had a letter from my sister yesterday.

昨天我收到了姐姐的一封信,

220. She lives in Nigeria.

她住在尼日利亚。

221. In her letter, she said that she would come to England next year.

在信中她说她明年将到英国来。

222. If she comes, she will get a surprise.

如果她来了,她会感到非常惊奇了。

223. We are now living in a beautiful new house in the country.

我们现在住在乡间的一栋漂亮的新住宅里。

224. Work on it had begun before my sister left.

这栋房子在我姐姐离开之前就已动工了,

225. The house was completed five months ago.

是在5个月以前竣工的。

226. In my letter, I told her that she could stay with us.

我在信中告诉她,她可以和我们住在一起。

227. The house has many large rooms and there is a lovely garden.

这栋房子里有许多房间,还有一个漂亮的花园。

228. It is a very modern house, so it looks strange to some people.

它是一栋非常现代化的住宅,因此在有些人看来很古怪。

229. It must be the only modern house in the district.

它肯定是这个地区唯一的一栋现代化住宅。

$课文24 不幸中之万幸

230. I entered the hotel manager's office and sat down.

我走进饭店经理的办公室,坐了下来。

231. I had just lost $50 and I felt very upset.

我刚刚丢了50英镑,感到非常烦恼。

232. ' I left the money in my room, I said, and it' s not there now.'

“我把钱放在房间里,”我说,“可现在没有了。”

233. The manager was sympathetic, but he could do nothing.

经理深表同情,但却无能为力。

234. 'Everyone's losing money these days,' he said.

“现在大家都在丢钱,”他说。

235. He started to complain about this wicked world but was interrupted by a knock at the door.

他开始抱怨起这个邪恶的世道来,却被一阵敲门声打断了。

236. A girl came in and put an envelope on his desk.

一个姑娘走了进来,把一个信封放在了他桌上。

237. It contained $50.

它里面装着50英镑。

238. 'I found this outside this gentleman's room,' she said.

“这是我在这位先生的房门外捡到的,”她说。

239. 'Well,' I said to the manager, 'there is still some honesty in this world!'

“是啊,”我对那位经理说,“这世界上还是有诚实可言的!”

$课文25 英国人讲的是英语吗?

240. I arrived in London at last.

我终于到了伦敦。

241. The railway station was big, black and dark.

火车站很大,又黑又暗。

242. I did not know the way to my hotel, so I asked a porter.

我不知道去饭店的路该怎么走,

于是向一个搬运工打听。

243. I not only spoke English very carefully, but very clearly as well.

我的英语讲得不但非常认真,而且咬字也非常清楚。

244. The porter, however, could not understand me.

然而搬运工却不明白我的话。

245. I repeated my question several times and at last he understood.

我把问话重复了很多遍。他终于听懂了。

246. he answered me, but he spoke neither slowly nor clearly.

他回答了,但他讲得既不慢也不清楚。

247. 'I am a foreigner,' I said.

“我是个外国人,”我说。

248. Then he spoke slowly, but I could not understand him.

于是他说得慢了,可我还是听不懂。

249. My teacher never spoke English like that!

我的老师从来不那样讲英语!

250. The porter and I looked at each other and smiled.

我和搬运工相视一笑。

251. Then he said something and I understood it.

接着,他说了点什么,这回我听懂了。

252. 'You'll soon learn English!' he said.

“ 您会很快学会英语的!”他说。

253. I wonder. In England, each person speaks a different language.

我感到奇怪。在英国,人们各自说着一种不同的语言。

254. The English understand each other, but I don't understand them!

英国人之间相互听得懂,可我却不懂他们的话!

255. Do they speak English?

他们说的是英语吗?

New Concept English Two 10 25的更多相关文章

  1. New Concept English there (25)

    38w/m 65 One of the most famous sailing ships of the nineteenth century, the Cutty Sark, can still b ...

  2. 背水一战 Windows 10 (25) - MVVM: 通过 x:Bind 实现 MVVM(不用 Command)

    [源码下载] 背水一战 Windows 10 (25) - MVVM: 通过 x:Bind 实现 MVVM(不用 Command) 作者:webabcd 介绍背水一战 Windows 10 之 MVV ...

  3. /proc/interrupts 统计2.6.38.8与3.10.25差异

    eth4进,eth5出 linux-3.10.25 67:          2          3          2          3   PCI-MSI-edge     eth468: ...

  4. CentOS安装NodeJS v0.10.25 + Express

    安装必需组件 yum -y install gcc make gcc-c++ openssl-devel wget cd ~wget http://nodejs.org/dist/v0.10.25/n ...

  5. 10.25 正睿停课训练 Day9

    目录 2018.10.25 正睿停课训练 Day9 A 数独(思路 DP) B 红绿灯(最短路Dijkstra) C 轰炸(计算几何 圆并) 考试代码 B C 2018.10.25 正睿停课训练 Da ...

  6. New Concept English there (1)Typing speed exercise

    Today,I start learn new concept english there,Mainly for listening practice and typing speed exercis ...

  7. Java习题10.25

    Java习题10.25 1. 实际上这道题考查的是两同两小一大原则: 方法名相同,参数类型相同 子类返回类型小于等于父类方法返回类型, 子类抛出异常小于等于父类方法抛出异常, 子类访问权限大于等于父类 ...

  8. New Concept English Two 25 67

    $课文65  小象对警察 683. Last Christmas, the circus owner, Jimmy Gates, decided to take some presents to a ...

  9. New Concept English three(10)

    The great ship, Titanic, sailed for New York from Southampton on April 10th, 1912. She was carrying ...

随机推荐

  1. php计算中英文混合或中文字符串的字数

    转载来源链接: http://blog.csdn.net/hueise_h/article/details/22920937 php的strlen和mb_strlen用于统计字符个数.中英文混合的字符 ...

  2. [py]函数小结

    函数作用域(函数前向引用) --> 嵌套(递归是一种个特殊的嵌套) --> 递归(回归,递归是一种特殊的迭代) --> 迭代 --> 生成器 --> 匿名函数 递归 一种 ...

  3. (转)帮你深入理解OAuth2.0协议

    1. 引言 如果你开车去酒店赴宴,你经常会苦于找不到停车位而耽误很多时间.是否有好办法可以避免这个问题呢?有的,听说有一些豪车的车主就不担心这个问题.豪车一般配备两种钥匙:主钥匙和泊车钥匙.当你到酒店 ...

  4. 经验搜索排名---google已经做过类似的了(我想多了)

    由于编程的原因,我们需要经常的查资料,现在转载的文章比较多,我们经常看到的搜索结果的前十名基本上有7名是转载的.这样看起来很没有效率,后来突然想到,如果把大家的浏览结果搜集起来,然后进行权重排名,这样 ...

  5. 2018-2019 Всероссийская командная олимпиада школьников по программированию, интернет-тур + отборы регионов (ВКОШП 18, интернет-тур) Solution

    A: 水. #include<bits/stdc++.h> using namespace std; typedef long long ll; const ll INFLL = 0x3f ...

  6. 528. Random Pick with Weight

    1. 问题 给定一个权重数组w,w[i]表示下标i的权重,根据权重从数组中随机抽取下标. 2. 思路 这道题相当于 497. Random Point in Non-overlapping Recta ...

  7. mysql 分组统计SQL语句

    1.按照特定字段: 2.在某一日期范围内: 3.按日.按月统计: 4.动态传入数据库表名称. select <if test="dateType=="d"" ...

  8. Linux基础入门(实验楼实验)

    实验一 Linux系统简介 Linux和windows.Mac OS一样是一种操作系统.最早流行起来的操作系统是UNIX,但由于其过度商业化,价格昂贵,因此在校园里人们大多选择MINIX.1991年, ...

  9. 初识PHP(一)基础语法

    一直准备学习PHP,结果前一段时间总是有事情,耽误了一阵子.现在赶快迎头赶上! 这个系列只是谈谈我对于PHP的一些看法,不是教程性质的.另外我是小白,只是写写随笔,大神求轻拍.本人学习过c .java ...

  10. Lucene 基础知识

    1. 数据分类 结构化数据: 指具有固定格式或有限长度的数据,如数据库等; 非结构化数据: 指不定长或无固定格式的数据, 如邮件,word 文档等磁盘上的文件; 1.1 非结构化数据查询方法 顺序扫描 ...